Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User permissions and advice

2 posters

Go down

User permissions and advice Empty User permissions and advice

Post by CiaobyDany Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 am

I just noticed I can't reply in any section but this one. I think it has been done this way to avoid unnecessary OT, but I think it is not necessary, since there are only few users at the moment, and mods can delete useless replies if necessary.
I noticed it because I wanted to suggest another way to communicate I think could be very practical and useful, which is hangouts, the chat service offered by Google. It works in a very similar way to whatsapp (that I think you all already know), but, since it is based on a Google account rather than a phone number, it can be used simultaneously on your mobile, your tablet and your computer (and it's forever-free). This way you could always be connected with each other and, if you are sleeping when the others are discussing (e.g. Zorua in China), when you will turn on your phone/tablet/ecc. you will receive the messages sent meanwhile. If I am not wrong the team is currently sharing the chapters on Google Drive, meaning that you all have a Google account and that you all know your e-mail addresses, which is the only thing you need to create a new group on hangouts.
I hope I have been useful some-way to you guys, because I really appreciate the effort you are putting in this.

CiaobyDany

Back to top Go down

User permissions and advice Empty Re: User permissions and advice

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:46 am

We have had problems with spambots, so the forum administrator locked down the Project Discussion sub-forum. I've sent her two e-mails, asking her to revert it, but that has apparently not happened yet. I'll ask her again.

We have had IRC for quite a while and IRC is better fit and more used for scanlation than Google Hangouts, Skype and other IM clients. With IRC anyone and everyone are also able to connect to our channel and discuss with us directly (there's not much activity there at the moment though). Thanks for the suggestion, but we'll stick with IRC.
Also, zorua is not from China, but his time zone is quite mis-matched to most other staff members' time zones.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 am

You should (probably) be able to post in the Project Discussion sub-forum now.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaobyDany Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:25 am

I already knew about IRC, but I didn't realise that also non participating users could join you there. I guess it actually is the better way of communicating at the moment, I felt it was strange you still hadn't come up with hangouts, but you actually had already considered it before.
Thank you for having resolved the issue of the sub-forum in such a little time Smile

CiaobyDany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum