Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wondering....

+2
Manga Reader X
Ardaal
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just wondering....  Empty Just wondering....

Post by Ardaal Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

I was wondering how you all are doing in manpower (looks doing good to me actually xD) and whether you need any help from a noob o.O

Sadly, I dunno Chinese or Japanese or anything like that to help in translate or scan, and I am a noob (probably xD). All I can do is edit images, like removing texts from a pic and add texts there etc... still not sure what cleaning and QC (quality control?) means, but I think they are editing stuffs like that which I can help with... so was just wondering x.x' :3

PS: I do have experience with image editing due to making small gif profile pictures (avatars I mean) for people in some browser based RPG games despite being a noob.. so was just wondering if I could help with those editing stuffs somehow :3

PPS: I am asking this in off-topic guessing it probably isn't much of a priority for you.. normally I wanted to ask this simply by chat in that IRC of yours, but there is no one there right now.. so I am asking here .... :3

Ardaal

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Just wondering....  Empty Re: Just wondering....

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:46 am

Actually a lot of our members are inactive and unreachable.

You could maybe be a typesetter and add the translated dialogue and sound effects onto cleaned scans.
Cleaning: http://fanlore.org/wiki/Scanlation_Process
QC stands for quality check. A QCer both proofreads the scanlation and checks for mistakes / possible improvements in the cleaning and typesetting. Some QCers make the corrections themselves in Photoshop, other post the corrections in text form (marking out areas with a red colour is also an option if describing it is too hard / time consuming / not accurate enough).

Well, this would be more fitting in the recruitment thread, but we're not that picky.
I'm usually the only one who is on the IRC and that's just to keep the channel alive. Recently I haven't had time to be on IRC.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:59 am

Manga Reader X wrote:You could maybe be a typesetter and add the translated dialogue and sound effects onto cleaned scans.
Sounds like a good job for me, where do I start? Very Happy -goes to install the AA 2.0 font-

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Manga Reader X wrote:Actually a lot of our members are inactive and unreachable.
Well im not inactive persay. I check all the topics daily but seeing as im not currently helping with cleaning any of the chapters that are currently being worked on(well outside what we talked about over pm that is). But I have been kinda unreachable, sorry bout that.

But ive recently had to send my laptop out for repairs and the only way i can still check this place is through my ipod, so yeah.
Striker
Striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:35 am

Ardaal, you could probably typeset that B2W2 chapter that recently got a project thread here, as soon as a cleaner has volunteered to clean it.

I'm not talking about you Striker, I'm talking about four cleaners, a translator and the majority of quality checkers that have been unreachable for months.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 am

There's no cleaner for it? May be I can try to clean it... I have seen some cleaning guides today and think I can do it.. but not totally sure I'll be successful in first shot as I never did it before... but if no one's cleaning something, isn't it worth a shot if someone gives it at least a try? Very Happy

Btw, you mean this thread?
http://www.teamspecialscans.com/t31-b2w2-chapters

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah, that thread.
Are you sure? Camrips are probably the hardest quality when it comes to cleaning. If you want to try, just go ahead, but it will probably not be easy.

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:16 am

Btw, a question.. is it just me, or does that scan have lines bent (at the right) which I didn't see in any example when I searched earlier... x.x'

Also, how long are you here for right now? Got 5 mins?

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 am

Three hours. Then I will try to stay offline until Sunday afternoon.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 am

Ok, can you come to the IRC now? Wanted to show and ask you some thing...

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:41 am

I'm on a train right now and I will be away from my computer that has HexChat on it until Sunday evening. Sorry, I can't get on IRC before that.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 am

No prob.. but you can see pics here, right? I can't be sure on how much change is allowed on cleaning and how much is not.. so I want to show you a demo that I am working on right now.

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:58 am

Okay.. can you please tell me how this is? And where I made the mistakes? And any advices? Also are all raws as hard as that? That took super hellish time x.x'
Spoiler:
Here's the raw: http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=e545e5d4dbb44aed594ebeec831d876a/b358b544ad345982d1ea030c0df431adcaef8455.jpg

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by zorua Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 am

wow, really nice work. but seriously, if you don't have the time, don't waste it. we can wait for a better raw
zorua
zorua

Group : Translator (Japanese/ Chinese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 am

I am thinking... is it possible to clean different pages from different version of raw? Then may be I can carry on with this raw slowly in my free time and take up better raw for the rest when it is available?

Edit: I just noticed a mistake in the upper line of the third panel... but fortunately, such mistake can be easily fixed Very Happy

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:15 am

I can't open the spoiler tag.
I don't know that much about how you should clean it. It's better if you ask another cleaner questions like that.
As I said earlier, camrips are the worst possible quality, so let's not make this a habit.
If better RAW is released we might redo the whole thing.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 am

The question was more like... in which cases we'll need to redo it?
If the cleaned version of camrip is not good enough?~

I'll pm you the pic link then, and you say if that works. If it works, don't see any point of waiting for better RAW when I get free time o.O

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 am

Looks great (don't know what those black, long, rectangular areas at the top and bottom are though). If the rest of the pages come out that nicely I think that we won't have to redo the chapter until the volume edition of the chapter has been released. (We will always redo chapters when we get volume RAWs.)
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 am

Considering the raw quality this is really good!

Some things I noticed:
Lines got lost during the process on panel 5 - left side and last panel - speechbubble
On the first panel the silhouettes should have the same color just like in the RAW
I guess things like the bluriness and the strange thickness/thiness of some lines definitly can't be avoided.

Looking at your postings it took you 2 hours, right? Regarding the time it could be worse. If the RAWs were 'darker', you'd have to either 'overlevel' it resulting in a really bad quality or remove the remaing dark spots by hand, which is VERY time consuming.
Regarding its difficulty I think it couldn't be very much worse. But to be honest page one seems to be one of the easier ones... looking at page 5 - oh dear
some
some

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Yea, that panel was really troubling t.t
I should be able to redraw the lines, but is that top priority? I am thinking of coming back to fix first page only after doing the rest. Also what do you think of putting our own speech bubble... deleting and putting a new bubble is much faster than fixing one, but not sure if I should temper with a manga that more o.o'
Not sure what you mean by silhouette having same color as RAW o.o'
The strange thickness is what I am trying to avoid.. I think I got the hang of it now, for this, I am to recreate panels myself first, then cut out each part of the panel and work on them individually, that should do the trick~

It took 2 hours yea, but that was the first time, so I had to figure out a lot of things and look at guides in the process.. the rest should take lesser time, still a lot nonetheless. And page 5 is not the problem to me... it's page 7 and 11, still not sure what to do with things that are out of panel and panels that are over a panel. Should I keep them like that too? o.O

"(We will always redo chapters when we get volume RAWs.)"
Also.. what does this mean? x.x'
Will BW chapters be redone too then?

Oh.. and where to post pics after cleaning? Shall I post it like this and not worry about security or leaking? Or do you do it some other way? Very Happy

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by some Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Um well I'd say lines are the most essential things to a manga. But it's better to clean the other stuff first. I don't think creating a speech bubble is the way to go. I wouldn't even say it's faster, as you'd have to make it look like the same 'line-style' (meaning things like thin to thick and others).
I don't know how you like to work (or if that's of any help) but I'd advise you to keep one layer with the page only grayscaled and straightened.
Sorry that sentece has been mistakable. I meant both of the silhouettes should be the same dark. Right now Yancy's silhouette is too bright/grey.
Um just curious, what exactly do you mean by "recreate panels"? Sounds like an interesting way to handle it.

Less than 2 hours? Actually that seems pretty fast to me.
Really? You've got no problem with the right side? Respect for this O_O.
Well, you could either try to recreate the missing spots or leave it be. If you're working with a mouse recreating things might be too difficult and time consuming.

Yes, the BW chapters will be redone, but this time using Volume RAWs instead of magazine RAWs.

We normally share things on Google Drive.

Sorry about the mistakes, it quite late/early here
some
some

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:42 pm

And here's page 5 cleaned... took like an hour, 1-2 mins more or less~
Spoiler:
Link for manga: https://2img.net/h/i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z369/Ardaal/5a_zpsd6f36b2f.png?t=1377920149
RAW: http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/560e5310b912c8fc7d101053fd039245d48821d6.jpg

And as for the silhouette thingy.. sorry I dunno how to fix it as I am not understanding it much tbh.. and who's Yancy again? x.x'

And by recreate panels... since even after rotating, the page's panel lines stay bent, I create panels myself. I mean I make black lines to make the rectangles and the cut out the picture from the page and put it there.

And now I know what you meant by right side x.x'

And yea, I am working with mouse... :/

And why does BW chapters need to be redone? Are the volume chapters different somehow.. like in look or something? o.O
Sorry, I don't understand much of these as I am new x.x'

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor789 Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Magazine chapters are usually different from volume ones. They can be the same in beginning of the arc, but the ending is usually different in volumes and magazines. For example, chapter 465 (BW chapter 5) has 3-4 pages added in the beginning.

Razor789

Group : Translation Checker (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 pm

So we can just change the different pages and keep the same pages, right?

Ardaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:25 am

Sometimes artwork is changed as well. I think that there even was a difference in storyline at the end of the DPPt arc between the magazine edition and the volume edition.
No, we will redo the chapters with volume RAWs. The translations from the magazine counterparts will be reused. Save all your work as Photoshop documents. That way there will be less work with typesetting the volume RAWs (+ we release the PSDs along with the scanlation.

You should use private sharing via Google Drive. I think that you have been added to our Google Group (Team Special Scans), so when you start typing Team Special Scans in the sharing box the group should appear. Click on it, save and all TSS members should have access to it.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum